“Human Beings and Being Human: A Self-Portraiture Show”
October 3rd, 2017 – November 30th, 2017
The Bossier Arts Council is looking for local artists who are interested in applying for our upcoming themed exhibition, “Human Beings & Being Human: A Self-Portraiture Show”, that will be held in the East Bank Gallery of the Bossier Arts Council. Artworks will be on display from October 3rd, 2017 until November 30th, 2017 with an Opening Reception on Thursday, October 12th, 2017 from 6-8pm.
This juried gallery is aimed at introducing our community to a variety of artistic genres while highlighting some of our region’s talented visual artists. The gallery which welcomes visitors when they enter the Bossier Arts Council headquarters is one of our most prominent features.
- Juried Show: Artwork submitted for the show will be juried by an anonymous gallery panel who will choose which pieces of artwork will hang in the themed show
- Print out and submit application with artwork
- $25 submission fee (non-members), free submission for BAC members, military, and students (must provide a valid ID).
- Limit of 2 Submissions Per Artist
- Media: Open ended — any medium, style, or genre: traditional or non-traditional (sculpture, painting, printmaking, photography, drawing, mixed media, etc.) as long as it represents the theme of self-portraiture.
- Size Limitations: None
All entries must be dropped off to Alex Stinchcomb at the Bossier Arts Council, 630 Barksdale Blvd, Bossier City, LA 71111. Deadline for submissions is Wednesday, September 27th, 2017 by 4pm. Those interested in learning more, please contact Alex Stinchcomb, Community Development Coordinator, at email@example.com or call 318-741-8310.
DigiFest South’s DigiArt Show & Competition
The Bossier Arts Council would like to announce a Call for Digital Artists for their annual DigiFest South Art Show & Competition. The event includes an art exhibition and competition by independent artists. DigiFest is aimed at showcasing a variety of digital art genres made possible by the latest technologies.
Deadline for submissions is September 27th by 4pm.
- Digital Photography
- Graphics (3D Renderings, Illustrations, Photoshop, Web Design, Logos, Advertisements, Posters, etc).
- Digital Lagniappe (Digital Music, Video, Animation, Interactive) – **All submissions must be 5 minutes or less in duration
- There will be an entry fee of $10 per submission. (Fee is waived for students/military with valid ID).
- All artwork must be digitally submitted to firstname.lastname@example.org by Wednesday, September 27th, 2017 at 4pm.
- Must submit application form in email with artwork. Subject line in email must read “DigiArt Show Entry: [category]”
Award Categories: (Each of the 5 winners will receive $100 worth of cash/prizes)
- Digital Photography Winner
- Graphics Winner
- Digital Lagniappe Winner
- Standout Student Award
- Social Media Award – (based on people’s shares and likes)
Those interested in learning more can call 318-741-8310. Click on the link below to download the application. DigiFest Art Competition Application Artworks will be on display at the Digifest South Expo located at the Bossier Civic Center on Wednesday, October 18th, 2017 and Thursday, October 19th, 2017.
Artworks will be on display at the Digifest South Expo located at the Bossier Civic Center on Wednesday, October 18th, 2017 and Thursday, October 19th, 2017
Artworks will be on display at the Digifest South Expo located at the Bossier Civic Center on Wednesday, October 18th, 2017 and Thursday, October 19th, 2017 from 9am until 2pm. Entries will also be displayed on Social Media.